Enter to Win Gear For The Year at Kentwood Ford
Win a year’s worth of hockey gear, and meet Kris Russell!
Hockey has been the cornerstone of our city for as long as we can remember—and we mean long. It’s been so long, that we’ve since hung up our dulling skates and chipped hockey sticks so we can let the young ones carry on with the tradition of playing the sport we love so much. That’s why Kentwood Ford wants to give our kids a chance to win up to $1,000 worth of credit at the St. Albert Source for Sports location for new hockey gear for the year!
The icing on the cake? You’ll have your grand prize presented to you by none other than Oilers centreman and hat-trick wizard, Kris Russell!
If that still wasn’t enough, the cherry on top comes in the form of Oilers alum and sports radio host, Jason Strudwick, helping the winner choose their gear and personally guest coaching one of their practices! Two runner-ups will also receive a $250 gift certificate from St. Albert Source for Sports, each.
How to Enter:
To nominate your little one for our Gear For The Year contest, you must:
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/KentwoodFord/
- Find the Gear for the Year contest post, and comment a video or image with a write-up of why your favourite little hockey star deserves new gear for the upcoming hockey season.
- The story with the most likes when we close the contest —at 11:59 AM on October 7th, 2019— wins!
- Unofficial step: spread the word to all of your friends on social media, and have them vote for your entry!
This contest will run on Facebook from September 27th 2019 to October 7th, 2019, and does have some rules. Pfft, rules, who needs ‘em, right? Well, these ones are pretty important so make sure you’re taking notes.
- You must follow Kentwood Ford on Facebook.
- Your child must be born between 2003 and 2013.
- You must include the following in your message: “Hey Kentwood Ford, I want to give #gearfortheyear to (insert the nominated child’s name here) . . .” followed by your explanation as to why Gretzky, Jr. deserves a new set of, well, everything! (We’ll accept minor typos, as long as the important details and tags are in place)
- If your post has the most likes in the comments section of the Gear for the Year post on October 7th 11:59AM, you’ll be contacted via the social media account you used to enter, and you’ll have 72 hours to claim your prize, or another winner will be selected (so make sure your notifications are on).
- Kentwood Ford will each choose their own grand prize winner, as well as two runner ups.
- The grand prize winner will be allowed to bring three guests to meet Kris Russell and collect their prize, one of which must be a parent or guardian.